Master Gardeners may receive volunteer hours for helping on these projects if approved by the board and the membership but they are individual efforts rather than Association efforts. These are some of the Community Projects that our members have worked on:
- Gonzales Memorial Hospital Atrium. Our members worked with hospital staff to design a new atrium garden and to convert and existing sprinkler system to drip irrigation.
- Norma’s House. Our members worked with the staff of Norma’s House to develop a landscaping plan that they could use to raise funds to improve their facility to better meet the needs of their clients.
- Gonzales Cemetery. Our members worked with other community groups and the City of Gonzales to clean up and clear out the overgrown vegetation at the historic Gonzales Cemetery.
- Butterfly Garden. Our members worked with other community volunteers to install drip irrigation and plant the Butterfly Garden in downtown Gonzales.
- WIC Teaching Garden. Our members worked with Gonzales Women's Center WIC staff to design and build a teaching garden for the Center's Nutritionist to use as a teaching garden to demonstrate opportunities to grow healthy foods using a variety of garden designs and vegetable plants.